Sorry, don’t have time to translate this week. Haven’t actually looked at these yet either. This week’s news and a little bit of last week’s:
* “Character creation”:http://dragon2020.sega.jp/character_make.html video. (“Famitsu article”:http://www.famitsu.com/news/201108/04047984.html)
* “Information on Samurai”:http://dragon2020.sega.jp/character1.html and a video.
* There’s actually a brief blurb on the Psychic and some character art in “this Famitsu article from last week”:http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/30047471.html.
* Seventh Heaven “Miku”:http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=20805383 fanart.
“sasakure.UK ft. 初音ミク – SeventH-HeaveN”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsS371x43lk
Official update also mentions a bunch of merchandise being sold at Comiket 80 – “http://jrpg.jp/news/?nid=166″:http://jrpg.jp/news/?nid=166
Well I suppose it IS Tokyo in the year 2020…they’d better have lifesize Miku running around the city by then…as a pop idol she can win over the gigantic -Zentraedi- Dragons with the power of song or something
A “nice photo of the preorder bonus”:http://dragon2020.sega.jp/information.html is now on the official site. And it looks super nice, just like the last Dragon Chronicle book did. (Similarly, my wallet looks super empty.)
Apparently there is another Famitsu article this week. Alas, again, I do not have access to Famitsu so I have no idea what is being reported.
That said, 2ch reports that sasakure.UK will be producing the theme song, which will be performed by Hatsune Miku. There’s also this image here, indicating that Miku herself will be in the game.
Amazon appears to be listing a limited edition 7D 2020 package with a 16p color booklet appropriately titled “Dragon Chronicle 2020″ and special soundtrack CD, similar to the limited edition package for the original 7D.
“Slightly abbreviated Famitsu Online article”:http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/08046352.html. More details available in the 7/21 issue of Famitsu.
* Three members in a party
* No restriction on classes
* Weapon held by the chibi-charas will vary based on occupation
* Can learn single and multi target attack katana skills, thus
* Priority on attack power vs. area of effect is up to the player
* Allocate skill points on level up to your liking.
* “Screenshot”:http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/images/00046352/Gvz2H7KXY6H8kG2gy1E6h3B6G7lyH9o9.html shows a skill that causes status resistance to drop.
Sounds like “next major update will be coming courtesy of Famitsu”:http://twitter.com/#!/phoenix_rie/status/88246092789071872. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to the magazine, so let’s hope something pops up onto Famitsu’s official website.
This week’s update is entitled “Greetings from Niinou Kazuya”:http://jrpg.jp/voice/?vid=69.
In brief, he discusses the switchover to 3D and how they’re targeting a “PS1″ style of sorts, from the days when 3D was brand new to the world. Compare and contrast to the first installment, which was built around an SNES-styled world. That said, he doesn’t just want it to be retro–they are aiming for a game that players can enjoy. (No specifics–just says they’re working hard on it.)
He further adds that there are a lot of things he can’t talk about right now (Shirou’s art, Koshiro’s new style, the voice acting), but he hopes that you will take an interest in such a unique game.