Unfortunately, still running atop GMO cruft. No news on pricing yet.
“DFK for Android”:https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ggee.vividruntime.game_ticket_779
“Espgaluda II for Android”:https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ggee.vividruntime.game_ticket_793
Regionlocked and running atop GMO cruft. Still want D:
I’m still out of space on my Nexus so not really planning to install these!
* “Moe Punch: Max out those accelerometers!”:https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.uxdesigntokyo.moepunch
* “Here’s a company”:https://market.android.com/developer?pub=ITN+Co+Ltd that seems to specialize in voices, particularly female voices telling _stories_. My curiosity is certainly piqued but perhaps not enough to invest in something like this!
* “Cave is rereleasing some shooters for Android”:http://www.cave.co.jp/uncategorized/android20111019/, though it looks more like they’re rereleasing Espgaluda II again…with new music though. They’re releasing first in Korea an Japan so no news for the rest of the world yet. Also, they’re “partnering with GMO”:http://gmo-game.com/campaing/dodon/dodonpachi.html, I’m really not sure if that’s a good idea or not. I suppose it doesn’t matter since GMO regionlocks goddamn everything to begin with anyway.
* Need some Japanese voices for your Android? There’s always “Aquestalk”:https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a_quest.aquestalka.
* You’ve almost certainly heard about “iris”:https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dexetra.iris by now. I have nothing to add to the conversation.
Ok, enough of that for now.
I don’t typically link to these kinds of games, as I think they’re sort of a cesspool of shit programming and uninteresting gameplay with shoddy graphics meant to appeal to perverted Japanese men.
That said, the proverbial blob of primordial goo that is the _bouncing oppai genre_ (only on Android) appears to have mutated into some vaguely Fruit Ninja-esque … dare I call it a game?
But words do not do this game justice. Observe:
You can download the game for free “on Android Market”:https://market.android.com/details?id=aoiro.PaiSlash.
As you may know, I am somewhat of an avid follower of Japanese otaku culture. There are some things about it that amaze me, some things that scare me, and some of it I which find purely fascinating.
“Here, in the latter category, is an application that allows you to pretend that an anime character is calling you on the telephone to wake you up with fake call screen and all”:http://www.moedroid.jp/16675.html.
So we’ve all heard the news by now that Amazon is coming out with a $199 version of the Kindle and dropping prices on the eInk editions.
Consider this: instead of attempting to replace a $230 iPod, I could buy a $200 Kindle Fire *and have room to spare*.
Instead of buying a $499 iPad, I could buy a Kindle Fire *and* an e-Ink Kindle touch.
I don’t know why people are comparing the price to the iPad! Ok so I guess I do. But the fact of the matter is, this is a different class of handhelds: $200 is getting into PSP, 3DS, and iPod range. And fuck those! As a professional user who actually doesn’t have that much time for games, I already know what I’d want, and that’s a motherfucking Kindle.
7″ IPS touchscreen, dual-core OMAP, and custom Android build which will hopefully be rootable, and all of this translates to: if this tablet turns out to be even half decent, Amazon wins the game.
Nook color was pretty decent, but at $250 and without the equivalent ecosystem, it just can’t compete.
Dropped my iPod somewhere around work and dear lord WHERE IS IT
Well I guess one of two things will happen, either I will discover that it was somewhere obvious, or else I will never see it again; i don’t know that such things as good samaritans exist in this uncivilised barbaric desert of a place
Bottom line is that unless I pick up an iPhone next year I’m somewhat less likely to be doing anything on iOS for awhile
Some new ports for Android
“Infinity Gene”:https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.co.taito.am.siInfinityGene $7.81 USD
“R-Type”:https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dotemu.rtype $4.13 USD
Exciting times, but I don’t actually have any free space on my Nexus. And not a fan of touchscreen joysticks for the most part — wonder how well R-Type will play on an Xperia Play?
!http://pent.semilunar.org/images/28.jpg (Simeji keyboard skin for Android)!
Browsing the custom skins for the Simeji Android IME, I came across this…
I suppose this is one thing the iPhone can’t do!
DS 1.03 update
* Lock shot freeze bug fixed
* Scroll bar response bug fixed?
* Rain boots fixed (just tested this on the old version, i think it was giving +3x instead of +1x … not certain, though)
* Minor item corrections
Downloading now, we’ll see.