Cristian Molina has “a little blurb about 7D 2020″:http://mognetcentral.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/7th-dragon-2020/ over at Mognet Central, a little site I’ve been following for years (since it was called Majoria’s News and linked to from insertcredit).
Nothing new, but always good to see 7D getting a little more PR from someone cool.
A technical yet powerful class. They’re S-ranked in exercise, or something. Skilled at countering and stuff like combination attacks.
For what it’s worth, here’s what I could pick out of the movie.
|Tsurube Mach|鶴瓶マッハ|Moderate damage to a single target, increases D level to 2|
|Quintetta|クインテッタ|(D3) Massive damage to a single target|
|Drill Crawler|ドリルクロウラー|(D3) Massive damage to a single target, life+mana recovery|
|Interception Stance|迎撃スタンス|(Acts first) Moderate damage counter when attacked|
|Interception Stance: Heavy|迎撃スタンス・重式|(Acts first) Heavy damage counter when attacked|
|Fang Bender|牙折る也|Nullify and counter fang attacks. Damage reduction even if skill fails.|
|Claw Breaker|爪砕く也|Nullify and counter claw attacks|
|Breath Splitter|吹裂く也|Nullify and counter breath attacks|
|Alter Fate|凶転ず也|Chance to nullify and counter status effect attacks.|
|Anger Explosion|怒りの重爆|Damage to single enemy, greater when at low health|
|Destroy React|デストロイリアクト|For four turns, increasing D level has a chance of granting an extra turn|
|Near-death Courage|瀕死のド根性|Survive attacks that would have been fatal.|
|Parrying Shield|パリングシールド|Damage reduction for the entire party lasting one turn|
|Skyhigh Meteor|スカイハイメテオ|Extreme damage to entire party maximum D level effect|
This week’s update is just a video with some allocation of skill points. Note the remixed version of the victory fanfare that plays in the background.
Also note that skills are no longer fixed units, and instead require points. Probably makes more sense this way as the old skills were all fixed to 5 or 10 levels in the Etrian Odyssey style, and there wasn’t much difference between, for example, Lv 6 and Lv 7 Zeppa-uchi.
“Psychic battle vid is up”:http://dragon2020.sega.jp/character2.html.
Looks like elemental attack and healing spells in the skill list, and an exhaust skill that causes a ton of debuffs on an enemy target.
Some skills in the video and “screenshots here”:http://jrpg.jp/news/?nid=179 look familiar, some not so much:
* Freeze (Ice damage, single enemy)
* Icicle Eden (Heavy ice damage, can target whole group)
* 0°C Body (3 turns of ice shield, looks like the Veil from 7D)
* Elec (Single target Lightning damage)
* Bolt Avenge (Heavy lightning damage, can target whole group)
* Plasma Gel (Single target lightning damage, extra to flying enemies)
* Decoy Mirror (Creates a decoy.)
* Micro Burst (Single target magical damage + cause bleeding)
* Mana Floater (Other allies’ MN consumption zero for the turn, plus act first)
* Concentrate (Next spell’s power increases 2x)
* Cure (Single target life recovery)
* Recover (Cure Paralysis, burn, poison, blindness)
* Dead Man’s React (For 5 turns, any ally deaths will result in an extra action)
* (EX) Invasion of Darkness (黒のインヴェイジョン Single target massive damage plus complete debuff)
Argh wish I still had my old 7D skill list around for kanji reference, a quick glance at the Samurai skill list and there are a few things that look pretty familiar there as well – Jinka no React pops up but the list flies by a little too quickly.