__Kodama writes that “she is planning to update on Wednesdays”:http://twitter.com/#!/phoenix_rie/status/71172563975421953. So expect regular updates here on Thursdays from now on. –P.__
“Official site update 5/19″:http://jrpg.jp/news/?eid=16&nid=107
Tokyo in the near future has suddenly been swarmed by a countless number of dragons.
The dragons’ territory is hidden in a swath of Flowaro…
Reads like something out of a kaiju movie doesn’t it? Anyway, more screenshots today, some map screens, some monster screens, and a few backdrops we’ve seen before.
Some screenshots of Shibuya. Of note, again, it is pointed out that flowaro do NOT cause damage if you walk on them.
Then a screenshot, again, of the Tokyo Government Office in Shinjuku. You can see a Murakumo flag flying outside. Apparently this is one of the last holdouts of humanity, and used to be a Murakumo base at some point. Things aren’t looking so great at the moment!
The Office has been threatened by Dragons.
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the Office?
(But that’s it for now and next update will explain what the Government Office is all about.)
They’re also working on a First Impression Movie which will have chibicharas moving around. Looking forward to it
*AD 2020. Tokyo. A dragon hunting story (RPG).*
Out of the blue, Earth has been assaulted by dragons.
Opposing the dragons is only Murakumo, a group of espers.
Appearance, job, skill, voice….
Every aspect of your party can be arranged to your liking.
Make a party, and hunt down every last one of the dragons!
* 異能力者 means something like “supernatural ability users” so, “espers” for now
* “すべてのドラゴンを狩り尽くせ” is the slogan from the previous 7D.
Looking forward to the new game.
More news for today:
On Twitter, Niinou has mentioned that Flowaro won’t be doing damage anymore — which is great, seeing as the damage tiles were one of the major complaints of the last game.
*7th Dragon 2020* | “http://dragon2020.sega.jp/”:http://dragon2020.sega.jp/
*System* Playstation Portable
*Price* JPY 6279 (“Amazon”:http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00516DOZQ/) | LE: JPY 8820 (“Amazon”:http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B005C8CHVA/)
(__Limited Edition set includes earphones, 10-sticker set, and front cover for PSP-3000__)
*Release date* -October 27, 2011- *November 23, 2011*
*CERO Rating* TBD
*Production / Publisher* Sega Corporation
*Producer*: “Kodama Rieko”:http://twitter.com/#!/phoenix_rie (Phantasy Star, 7th Dragon)
*Direction*: “Niinou Kazuya”:http://twitter.com/#!/Nino_Kazuya (Etrian Odyssey, 7th Dragon, Last Ranker)
*Sound Composer*: “Koshiro Yuzo”:http://www.ancient.co.jp/ (Etrian Odyssey, Y’s series)
*Character Design*: “Miwa Shirow”:http://mmm-gee.net/
*Theme Song*: “SeventH-HeaveN – ♪sasakure.UK feat.初音ミク”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsS371x43lk
Imageepoch is working on a new 7D game scheduled for fall, apparently.
* Producer – Kodama Rieko
* Director – Niinou Kazuya
* Sound – Koshiro Yuzo (YES)
* Character designer – Miwa Shirou
* Can alter character appearance AND voice this time around
* Can use the same character appearance with DIFFERENT classes
* It’s not Tokyo without the “requisite schoolgirl”:http://www.famitsu.com/news/201105/images/00043478/vvjx3YlkEEvf4F9tWg938873AgTb2369.html making an appearance lol
* Expect skills and classes to be significantly different
* Confirmed classes from source: Samurai, Trickster, Destroyer, Psychic, Hacker
* Flowaro is coming back, random encounters are back
* Dragons as symbol (FOE-style) encounters are coming back
* You are a part of the anti-Dragon brigade, Murakumo, in 2020 AD Tokyo
… Sounds OK to me. Except maybe that last part. We’ll see?
I’ll probably be updating as I find out more news.
Source – “Famitsu”:http://www.famitsu.com/news/201105/12043478.html, Siliconera, twitter
* Magnitude 9.0 earthquake
* Threat of nuclear plant failure
* Rolling blackouts
* Trip to Tokyo planned for this week
Placeholder for some highscores, I guess.
I dunno, there’s a fifth tab in the TXP Greenery theme at the top of the page and I don’t know what to do with it yet. I don’t really score attack games anymore, so there’s not much for me to post here.
Ok, so … iOS games by Cave, purveyor of fine bullet hell shmups.
* *Espgaluda II*: Pretty good first effort for iPhone. Touch controls, like those in Infinity Gene, work quite well for a shmup. That said I find I’m not playing this game very much; it’s just not as appealing as their newer efforts. iPhone mode is OK with the touch to blow away bullets gimmick, but I’m just not hardcore enough to attempt score attacking this thing. 7/10
* *Mushihimesama BUG PANIC*: Music by Michiru Yamane, probably better known amongst the hardcore gaming crowd for Castlevania music. Bullet hell twin-stick shooter, a little tough to control on an iPhone but it’s not so bad. A quick search on Google pulls up various 2ch threads labeling the game as “a shit otaku game no matter how you look at it”. Well, that said, it’s very well programmed and actually pretty fun. Reco’s voice is grating, though. 9/10
* *Dodonpachi Resurrection*: *Fuck yeah*! If I didn’t suck so much at shmups I’d be playing this ALL THE TIME. Unfortunately I suck. The good news is I can at least make it to the 2nd omote-loop, the bad news is I die a horrible death once I reach the 2nd loop. Why is this game so fun? Why are there gigantic humanoid female robots named “Lei-nyan” shooting giant sprays of bullets at me interspersed with massive lasers? I don’t understand. 11/10
I glanced at the Shmups forum briefly and there’s basically a whole load of butthurt arcade gamers complaining about how bad cute-em-ups are, about how the iPhone is some kind of sacrilege to hardcore shmuppers and an insult to international Cave fans. Problem is, they’re wrong. The games are a lot of fun and certainly appeal to the casual crowd, yet they have enough detail packed in such that the hardcore shmupper can strategize and perfect score runs.
All of which means that it must be past midnight because why else would I be writing this kind of bullshit on my old blog?
Contact page that came by default with the Greenery theme.
I don’t actually have anything to put here. You can find me on the Etrian Odyssey fansite, Into The Labyrinth, from time to time — I post as Midrange there. I also occasionally lurk on Gamefaqs when there’s a game I am interested in. Likewise, you can find me on the Steam forums occasionally whenever a decent shmup is released.
I only lurk on Shmups as pentarou when there’s a game I am currently playing (recently this has been Deathsmiles for iOS, Gundemonium Collection, and Espgaluda II HD, in no particular order), but it’s nevertheless probably the best place to get ahold of me.
Neglecting the site again.
* Final Fantasy 13: This one was actually pretty good, wasn’t expecting it to be so good, poor Squeenix.
* Persona 3 Portable: Bought on sale, haven’t completed it. Actually sorta stopped playing it, period. Oozing with style; I love it.
* Space Invaders Infinity Gene – Didn’t transition too well onto the PS3. It’s OK. Couple new stages, new ships.
* Lumines Supernova – Didn’t last long, but was worth the $10 or so I paid for it.
Whoa when did I become one of those people??
Amazon wishlist is growing, too. Never did play through EO3. Golden Sun DS is out. Okamiden, VC3 and PSPo2i are brewing in the pipeline. Then there’s this whole Kinect thing. Hmm.
I think I need a new hobby, games are just too time-consuming.